Thank for your interest in becoming a Color Wheels instructor! We are looking for someone to facilitate summer programs for 2018.
Applicants need to be:
- outgoing, friendly and organized
- fun and engaging
- creative and kind
- located in Nashville, Brentwood or Franklin TN
Applicants need to have:
- experience teaching young children
- experience managing a classroom of varied ages and abilities
- experience creating lesson plans
- a professional attitude and work ethic
- excellent communication skills with adults and children
- knowledge of art, media, modern and historical artists
- own method of reliable transportation
Applicants need to be available:
- June 25-29 in the morning and afternoon hours
- July 23-27 afternoon hours
- Every Wednesday (except July 4) morning hours from June 6 to Aug 1
- One morning or afternoon the week of June 11-15
- More hours may/may not be added for 2018**
This position is VERY part time with hours ranging from 3 one week to 15 the next. **If applicant displays interest in school year hours - she/he will be given priority over new hires.
Applicants will be expected to:
- Work with Shelley to organize curriculum for each camp/class
- Facilitate curriculum in an engaging and age appropriate way
- Plan additional high quality art lessons to be used in rotation
- Demonstrate art project steps in clear ways multiple times
- Manage the classroom, group, party, etc., so that each child feels successful and enjoys the art process
- Interact with staff and students professionally
- Keep a count of students taught at each location
- Drive to each location while allocating time for set up and clean up
This is a contracted position. For each camp/class you facilitate, you will be paid per student. Your planning time, driving time, set up time, instruction time, clean up time, etc. are all factored into the per child figure. You are encouraged to keep up with your mileage to apply to your own taxes next year. Rates vary from $1.50 to $45 per child depending on location and length of instruction time.
If you fit this criteria, please submit the items below to email@example.com.
- Your resume
- A letter of interest
- 3 references
Thank you so much for your time and interest!